Gala Beef Tenderloin Filets
A subtle garlic butter sauce tastefully tops tenderloin fillets in this recipe from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add wine or broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley and browning sauce if desired. Drizzle over beef.
Originally published as Special Beef Tenderloin in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.