Gala Beef Tenderloin Filets
A subtle garlic butter sauce tastefully tops tenderloin fillets in this recipe from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1-1/2 to 2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic in remaining butter for 1 minute. Add wine or broth; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in parsley and browning sauce if desired. Drizzle over beef.
Originally published as Special Beef Tenderloin in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips