Gail's Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Gail's Homemade Salsa
"Great reviews from friends. I did use 28oz of petite cut tomatoes instead of the whole tomatoes you had to cut and remove the hard parts that were still in the tomatoes."
"My son and I love it!!! I'm not big on chunksChunks or hot and this has neither depending on how fine you chop your tomatoes. it makes a big batch. My son almost single handed ate it all within a week. As he is finishing it off he tells me we need more."
"Hands down the best salsa and most ingredients are in my pantry all the time. Great for kid's first time recipe!"