- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) pina colada yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sesame ginger marinade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurts, peel and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and refrigerate.
- Cut chicken into 30 thin strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine marinade and lime juice; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine coconut and cashews. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- Coat chicken with flour; dip into egg mixture, then roll in coconut mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken strips in oil in batches for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- Place a wire rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; place chicken on rack. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve warm with dipping sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Reviews forFuzzy Caterpillars
"I made this for my kids birthday two years ago and my step-dad still asks for it when he comes to visi."
"These are, by far, the most delicious chicken fingers in the world. We've never bothered making the dipping sauce to go with them as they are so delicious all by themselves. I add some lime zest to the marinade instead, and have been known to simply roll the marinated chicken strips in the coconut/cashew mixture and just skip the egg and flour part, but they are delicious both ways!"