- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cubed French bread, sliced pears and assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss to combine. In a saucepan, combine cream, broth and honey; bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup cheese mixture; stir constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to almost melt completely between additions. Continue stirring until thickened and smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve with bread, pears and vegetables for dipping. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a little additional broth. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forFun-do Fondue
"This is my own recipe and I made it again this past weekend. I could not get any Jarlsberg cheese so I used all Swiss, which was a good substitute. And knowing that this particular crowd liked things a bit more spicy, I added some hot sauce to the mix, and it was a huge hit. By the way, if you have any leftover, it makes a really good pasta sauce, in a recipe that usually calls for Alfredo. Judy Batson (aka Beema)"