My mom, Dolores Hartford, created these recipe with my daughter. Mom would have these cookies ready for Karissa whenever she came home from college. —Dolores Hartford, Troy, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup each semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips and vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/3 cup Reese's pieces candy
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and candy.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 253 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Chock-Full of Chips in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005