Fudgy Walnut Sauce
This rich sauce will satisfy any sweet tooth. It tastes great poured over pound cake or drizzled on scoops of ice cream.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate and butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of the chocolate mixture into yolks. Return all to the pan; whisk until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and walnuts. Pour into jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat in a microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 182 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fudgy Walnut Sauce in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.