Fudgy Toffee Bars Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk, vanilla and 1 cup of chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with nuts, coconut, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips; press down firmly. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 238 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Toffee Bars
"My husband doesn't like nuts or coconut so I skipped those and the bars were still very good."