- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, combine butter and chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the eggs, sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder and vanilla; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forFudgy Saucepan Brownies
"These were better than I thought they would be! I was looking for a way to used up 2 random squares of unsweetened chocolate I had in my pantry and this did the trick!~ Theresa"