Fudgy Pecan Tartlets
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 12 pecan halves
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light. Gradually add flour, beating until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- For filling, in a bowl, combine the egg yolk, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; gradually stir in melted chocolate. Fill tart shells three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2011
I made these to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King's birthday after reading that pecan pie was his favorite. I didn't want to make a whole pie just for me and my husband so I made some of these, had a few, and took the rest to work. They were a hit, and I have been asked for the recipe from a co-worker who plans to make them for her daughter's wedding reception. They are SO GOOD!