- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2-2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFudgy Peanut Butter Cake
"absolutely horrible. It smelled & tasted very odd."
"Very good recipe, it worked well and the kids loved it. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter taste but that's me, maybe I will add some more PB next time. Whipped cream because we didn't have icecream, very good!"
"I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again."
"This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!"
"I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?"
"This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy"