- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2-2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forFudgy Peanut Butter Cake
"I have made this cake twice so far. Both times I baked it in a regular oven since I do not have a crockpot that small. A double batch works fine in a 8 or 9 inch square pan. I baked the cake about 35 to 45 minutes, depending on what size pan I used. It is delicious and be sure to let the cake stand for 10 to 15 minutes before digging in. Spoon some of the sauce over the cake and enjoy."
"absolutely horrible. It smelled & tasted very odd."
"Very good recipe, it worked well and the kids loved it. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter taste but that's me, maybe I will add some more PB next time. Whipped cream because we didn't have icecream, very good!"
"I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again."
"This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!"
"I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?"
"This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy"