Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- 3. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2-2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 348 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake
"absolutely horrible. It smelled & tasted very odd."
"Very good recipe, it worked well and the kids loved it. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter taste but that's me, maybe I will add some more PB next time. Whipped cream because we didn't have icecream, very good!"
"I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again."
"This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!"
"I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?"
"This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy"
"I must have done something wrong....It smelled really good and toothpick came out clean, however when I went to cut into it; it was all soupy on the bottom...is that the way it's supposed to be? I cooked it in my mini (1qt) crock and it only has 1 setting for 2 hours....maybe that was the problem. I will have to try it again because what we did it was nummy!"
"So easy and so yummy! I love that I can put the kids to bed and my husband and I can enjoy this together. I have a larger crock pot (5 or 6 qts?). I 1 and 1/2 the recipe and it worked great. I also added a small handful of chocolate chips and added them between the two layers. There was a lot of melty chocolate, but that is the point, right? This is definitely on my do-again list :)"
"Could this be baked in an oven?"
"I've made this recipe since it came out in the mag . . . absolutely easy and delicious. Makes just enough for my family of four."
"This is nice !!"
"Very tasty! Peanut butter flavor is mild but it's a warm, gooey cake. Who can resist? I realized my crock pot was going to be too large for the recipe so I made it in the oven set at 200-225 degrees for about 2 hours. Topped with whipped cream, it was delicious! Next time, I would add more peanut butter to increase the PB flavor."