Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream, butter, chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with half of the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining fudge sauce over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 645 calories, 42g fat (19g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 2, 2010
Will make this pie for Mother's Day, I can already tell it is a winner by the ingredients.Bev Colorado Springs
Mar 27, 2010
My family absolutely loves this pie. My neice requests this pie all the time! I normally make my own oreo cookie crust (18-20 oreo cookies w/ 3 Tbs. of melted butter in a food processor). It's pretty quick to make once you get the hang of it...totally worth the wait!