- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream, butter, chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with half of the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining fudge sauce over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forFudgy Nut Coffee Pie
"Will make this pie for Mother's Day, I can already tell it is a winner by the ingredients.Bev Colorado Springs"