Fudgy Chocolate Balls
These cookies may be small, but every bite is packed with big chocolate flavor. I sometimes dip the tops of the cookies in the frosting instead of spreading the frosting on top.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg and egg yolk. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 111 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fudgy Chocolate Balls in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.