Fudgy Cherry Brownies
When I first saw this recipe in a local newspaper years ago, I couldn't wait to try it for our guests that very night. I knew it was a winner from the first bite. These rich fudgy brownies have been making friends merry ever since!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, egg and almond extract. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well. Fold in cherries and remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs and the edges pull away from the sides. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 131 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fudgy Cherry Brownies in Country Woman Christmas 2004