Fudgy Cherry Brownies
When I first saw this recipe in a local newspaper years ago, I couldn't wait to try it for our guests that very night. I knew it was a winner from the first bite. These rich fudgy brownies have been making friends merry ever since!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, milk, egg and almond extract. Stir in chocolate mixture; mix well. Fold in cherries and remaining chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs and the edges pull away from the sides. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 131 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.