Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Our Test Kitchen used baking cocoa and miniature chocolate chips to help keep down the fat and calories in these treats.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, beat egg, egg white and sugar. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add the coffee, butter and corn syrup to egg mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 139 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownie Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.