Fudge Walnut Brownies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in milk and cocoa until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to a boil; boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost warm brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 20, 2014
Is the number of eggs a typo? 8 eggs?Please email me and let me know if this is the correct number of eggs.
Jun 26, 2010
This is our favorite brownie recipe, ever! They are the best ones a person could ever hope to make! We ALWAYS use this recipe!
Apr 11, 2010
these sound really good, will be trying soon.