Fudge Walnut Brownies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in milk and cocoa until smooth. Return to the heat and bring to a boil; boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Frost warm brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 183 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 20, 2014
Is the number of eggs a typo? 8 eggs?Please email me and let me know if this is the correct number of eggs.
Jun 26, 2010
This is our favorite brownie recipe, ever! They are the best ones a person could ever hope to make! We ALWAYS use this recipe!
Apr 11, 2010
these sound really good, will be trying soon.