- 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, optional
- Combine all crust ingredients and press onto the bottom and 2-in. up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Gradually add milk; beat until smooth. Add melted chips, egg and vanilla; mix well. Pour into crust. Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 5 minutes. (Center will still jiggle slightly.) Cool for 15 minutes. Carefully run a knife between crust and sides of pan. Cool for 3 hours at room temperature. Chill overnight.
- Just before serving, remove sides of pan. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate chips if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forFudge Truffle Cheesecake
"Great recipe! The only thing I did different was the crust. I used crushed oreos and melted butter. I've made this with great success for years"
"We have made this cheesecake for years, and love it! It is a favorite with us :)"
"This was delicious! I made it as one of many Thanksgiving desserts, and it was the biggest hit. I will definitely make it again."
"The cake is awesome.. thanks for the other comments it helps a lot. I put in total 390g Philadelphia cheese more than in the recipe stays. I add brown sugar in the crust cause I didnt have confectioners sugar. I made it at The Advent Window in Germany and never have any leftovers, germans said that it was "high confectionery" ... the best chocolate cheesecake ever ate!!! mmmh"
"i really liked this cheesecake but it was very rich so if you dont like chocolate dont make it :)"
"Well I made this one for the first time last weekend and it was awesome...Then I made it again last night for work and did not pay attention to what type of chips I grabbed which were Milk Choc. Chips and I sure hope this turns out good or I will be the laughing stock at work... And to beat that it will be our first Quarterly Recipe Swap...Will let you know how it goes.... Hee! Hee!Anyone tried it this way yet with the Milk Choc. Chips..."
"I served this cheesecake along with 2 others at a holiday party. This one went first and my guests were amazed. First, they asked where I bought this cheesecake, then when they found out I make it they all wanted the recipe. Defiantly one I'll make again for my holiday party next year!"