Fudge-Topped Orange Cookies
Cookies and fudge are two classic sweets around the holidays, so one day I decided to combine them. The chocolate marshmallow topping forks well on a variety of cookies. —Lisa Evans, Rileyville, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, egg yolks, orange zest and extract. Combine the flour, ginger and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large saucepan, combine the marshmallow creme, sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a rolling boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla; stir until chips are melted. Spread over tops of cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 458 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 241mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.