My father-in-law introduced this recipe to the family. The fudgy sauce has a nice flavor and is a special favorite of our four children.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes2-1/2 cups topping
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cold brewed coffee
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Heat on low, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve over ice cream. Top with a cherry if desired.