Fudge Sundae Sauce
My father-in-law introduced this recipe to the family. It has a nice flavor and is a special favorite of our four children's.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate with the cream, coffee and salt over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat to serve over your favorite ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 137 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fudge Sundae Sauce in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.