Fudge Sundae Sauce
My father-in-law introduced this recipe to the family. It has a nice flavor and is a special favorite of our four children's.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup cold strong brewed coffee
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate with the cream, coffee and salt over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate. Reheat to serve over your favorite ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 137 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fudge Sundae Sauce in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook