Fudge Ripple Squares Recipe
When my four children were growing up, this was a frequent birthday treat. Now, my grandchildren request it. (I am the grandmother of three and great-grandmother of one.) It also could be served at a tea or at a card party. -Phyllis Rank, Wapato, Washington
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- 2. Combine the cocoa, 1/3 cup walnuts and remaining sugar. Spoon a third of the batter into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the cocoa mixture. Dot with half of the butter. Repeat layers; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 380 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Fudge Ripple Squares
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC