- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large Nellie’s Free Range Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FUDGE FILLING:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape into forty-eight 1-in. balls. Place in greased mini-muffin cups. Bake 14-16 minutes or until light brown. Immediately press a 1/2-in.-deep indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla until smooth. Fill each cookie with filling; sprinkle with peanuts. (If desired, refrigerate remaining filling; serve warm with ice cream.) Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forFudge Puddles
"I finally got around to making these. They showed up on my Instagram feed in the fall and looked yummy! They didn't disappoint. I did have some of the filling left but most was used. I used my tart shaper instead of a spoon handle which makes a larger impression. I can only guess that they were enjoyed by all as I only got to have 1 and they were all gone."
"These cookies are perfect for the holiday. The fudge filling is a perfect for the baked peanut butter cup."
"I have been making these for 24 years! They are one of the must have items for my family at Christmas. I double the cookie batter and make one recipe of the fudge filling. I put the filling in a zip lock bag and cut off one corner. I tried this after trying many ways to get the filling in the cookie cup and it works best for me."
"These were a hit! They taste even better than the usual peanut butter blossoms with a Hershey Kiss that gets hard after the cookie cools. The center stays soft in these cookies!"
"Oh my gosh! These are amazing. They were easy to make and so delicious. I had a lot of the filling leftover. I could have easily baked a second batch of the cookies and still have plenty of filling. They are so delicious, a second batch is a great idea!"
"I have made these for YEars. tHEY ARE A FAVORITE WITH MY family!!!! Excellent recipe.."
"i don't want to use the 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter what can i replace it with or can i just not put it in .. thanks"
"I made these yesterday and was so surprised at how easy they were to make. I didn't have chopped peanuts so I used chopped walnuts and I used a pastry bag to pipe in the fudge and they turned out looking just like the picture and I must say they are so darn good!! These will be a favorite to make often!"