- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs and vanilla; add to dry ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Spread in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: about 24 brownies.
Reviews forFudge Nut Brownies
"I made these today for the first time. Very easy recipe and very delicious."
"Worst brownie I've ever made. Terrible. Just like desert dry cake and I followed the recipe EXACTLY. What a waste of ingredients! Just threw them away."
"This is not my husband's favorite brownies, but he does enjoy them. They are rich in chocolate flavor and full of nuts. I usually use walnuts."
"Found this recipe years ago and been making these for years. They are the best for sure!"
"The flavor of the brownies is very good. They are chewy, but a little crumbly (which isn't ideal). What makes these brownies is that they are totally full of walnuts. Yum! Half the people reviewing didn't even use walnuts/nuts. Unless you're allergic to them or REALLY don't like walnuts, that is a big mistake.Like one reviewer I halved he recipe, but baked for the same amount of time. I didn't want 24 brownies around my house. 12 is enough. I ate 2 at a time since the serving is quite small. When they're gone. They're gone.I used 50% sugar 50% granulated sucralose to cut down on the sugar carbs. It definitely didn't affect the flavor. Perhaps that might have caused the crumbliness. I'd still rather have them a little crumbly than eat that much sugar. [I need to watch my glucose level.]"
"Wow this is so yummy! It was very simple to make and my family really liked it. I did not use nuts do to allergies but it was so good. This is my new go to recipe for brownies."
"Excellent recipe! It is a moist and melting in mouth recipe. I added rice crispies and cornflakes instead of nuts making it a healthy snack for the kids. They luv it!!"
"So good...my husband's comment after eating the first one: "These are prize-winning!" lol"