Fudge-Filled Toffee Cookies
I combined three recipes to come up with these crisp cookies topped with a sweet chocolate center. They're a nice addition to a holiday cookie tray.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Additional sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in oil, egg and extracts. Combine flours, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits, pecans and coconut. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon into the center of each cookie. Top with a pecan half.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 248 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fudge-Filled Toffee Cookies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.