Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Additional sugar
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups pecan halves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in oil, egg and extracts. Combine flours, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits, pecans and coconut. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each.
- In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate, milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon 1 teaspoon into the center of each cookie. Top with a pecan half.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
2 each: 248 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.