- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add the flour. Turn onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into fourths; cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and milk. Stir in the walnuts. Cool to room temperature. Roll out each portion of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet into an 11-in. x 6-1/2-in. rectangle. Spread 3/4 cup chocolate filling down the center; press to seal all edges. Turn over so seam side is down.
- Bake at 350° for 27-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forFudge-Filled Dessert Strips
"These are great also"
"I did this recipe today and it turned out ok. The crust was good but I always wonder how to make the crust flaky? I didn't have any chocolate chips and I tried unsweetened chocolate squares to equal the same amount. The square chocolate I suppose made it a bit darker flavour for a bitter taste, but not bad. I would try this one again!"
"Great holiday cookie....made them ahead of time and froze them and when thawed, tasted like fresh made....yummy"
"I am an amateur baker and found these a little difficult to make. I made 6 types of cookies for Christmas and had my entire family rate them, these were 2nd from the bottom. They were okay and will get eaten but I don't think the taste was worth the effort. I doubt that I will make them again. And just a tip for those who do plan to make them, a lot of my family doesn't care for nuts so I used rice krispies instead. I do not recommend this as they came out soggy/chewy."
"Disappointing for the time and effort it took to make these. My husband liked them, but they are not for me. If I want to eat fudge, I'll eat a piece of regular fudge."
"these were "AWESOME" and easy to make.made them exactly as the recipe and my husband said "the best pastry" ever."