Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Spread over hot crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 3. Spread melted chocolate over filling; sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fudge-Filled Brownie Bars
"Waste of a brownie mix. Served it at a picnic tonight and nobody really liked it at all. Big disappointment."
"loved the Bars will make them again."
"Saving recipe, **just because**."
"This recipe was good, but a little more effort than needed. I would have been satisfied with just the brownies made from the mix without the crust on the bottom. To me, that was not necessary."
"These were delicious and addicting!"