Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate chips and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Top with M&M's. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 6, 2013
I make this recipe all the time for potlucks and church events and have shared the recipe too many times to count! They are definitely a favorite for my family!
Feb 5, 2013
The only reason for the 4 stars is because they were a little bit crumbly. However, they taste really good, so I'm willing to try again!
Jun 10, 2009
I get asked to make this dessert all of the time. Definitely a family favorite. I've been making these bars for years and they never get old!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.