Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate chips and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted; stir until smooth.
- Spread over crust; sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Top with M&M's. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
May 19, 2019
My son actually made these so they are easy enough for a teenager. They are chewy and his look nothing like the photo but they are definitely a keeper. He omitted the pecans because we are sending them to teachers at school. Definitely a keeper of a recipe.
Mar 6, 2013
I make this recipe all the time for potlucks and church events and have shared the recipe too many times to count! They are definitely a favorite for my family!
Feb 5, 2013
The only reason for the 4 stars is because they were a little bit crumbly. However, they taste really good, so I'm willing to try again!
Jun 10, 2009
I get asked to make this dessert all of the time. Definitely a family favorite. I've been making these bars for years and they never get old!