This is my most-requested holiday recipe. Not a Christmas goes by that I don't make several batches for my family to enjoy and for friends as gifts.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
Makesabout 2-1/4 pounds
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are partially melted. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Store in airtight containers in a cool, dry place.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce-weight: 120 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Fudge Drops in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003