VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, butter and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or until marshmallows are partially melted. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Store in airtight containers in a cool dry place. Yield: about 2-1/4 pounds.
Originally published as Fudge Drops in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p90