- 1-1/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 squares (1-1/2 ounces) unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional chopped walnuts, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla and walnuts. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for icing, melt the butter and chocolate. Place in a mixing bowl. Add half of the confectioners' sugar; mix well. Add milk, vanilla and remaining sugar and beat until smooth. Spread immediately over warm brownies. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 36 servings.
Reviews forFudge Brownies
"This is my favourite recipe for brownies. My family and friends love them. Rich, moist, and the recipe is easily adaptable for gluten free. Best brownies ever!"
"I have made these brownies for years by request from my kids. We all love them and are so easy to make. I also love that is makes such a large batch, as I have a large family and they go very fast. Simply one of the best I have ever tried."
"Sinfully the best brownies to die for, share with someone you love with all your heart!"
"Sinfully the best brownies to die for"
"I absolutely love this recipe! I just wish it had the nutrition facts."
"Very good recipe! Left off the nuts, didn't do the icing, but added peanut butter chips. I would definitely make again!"
"These brownies are delicious! I made them in a 13x9x2 pan. It added about 15 minutes to the baking time. My husband says these are the best brownies he's ever had!"
"Fudge brownies make an awesome cookie and this is one we will be making many more times. It's definitely a keeper."
"Oops, sorry, I forgot to mention that I always make mine with pecans. We're kinda pecan nuts here in Georgia."