Fruity Tossed Salad
A colorful combo of fruity flavors makes Beverly Little’s refreshing, light salad a winter favorite in Marietta, Georgia. Coconut and nuts add a fun crunch and fancy feel!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the lettuce, apple, dates and cranberries. In another bowl, whisk the cranberry juice, orange juice, vinegar, oil and salt. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Top with coconut and walnuts.