Fruity Tortellini Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium lemon, peeled and sectioned
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, optional
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, fruit and chicken if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the syrup and orange juice; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with cashews just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 279 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 13, 2010
This was a very disappointing dish. It look delicious and I like all the ingredients so I had high expectations. Unfortunately, the result was not as expected. The dressing is very thin and sinks to the bottom of the dish, leaving the salad watery and rather bland.