For a refreshing addition to a potluck or other gathering, Pat Whitten of St. Albans, West Virginia jazzes up gelatin with crushed pineapple, bananas and strawberries. "This salad can be made quickly and is a favorite of my friends," she notes.
Recommended: Who Knew You Could Do That with Jello?
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 medium firm bananas, mashed
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberries, pineapple and bananas; mix well. Transfer to a 2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Gelatin Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p13