This is a perfect accompaniment to any meal. A tangy dressing turns strawberries, kiwifruit and blueberries into a delightful change-of-pace salad. Add more or less fruit depending on your family's tastes.—Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, fruit and pecans. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Spinach Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p9
Reviews for Fruity Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
"We love this salad. People are always asking for this recipe when I make it for a get-together. If I don't have all the fruit on hand I just add what I have, good with just strawberries or just blueberries."