Fruity Sangria Salad
Here’s a lovely and refreshing medley of fruits for any warm summer day. —Corvilia Thykkuttathil, Renton, Washington
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1 medium lime, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 peeled fresh gingerroot slices (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 2 medium nectarines, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-1/2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Whipped topping
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, wine, lime, honey, ginger and lime zest. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and discard lime and gingerroot. Cool syrup completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine apples and nectarines. Add lime juice; toss gently to coat. Stir in the grapes, honeydew and cantaloupe. Drizzle with syrup and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with whipped topping.
3/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC