Fruity Sangria Salad
Here’s a lovely and refreshing medley of fruits for any warm summer day. —Corvilia Thykkuttathil, Renton, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or white grape juice
- 1 medium lime, peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 peeled fresh gingerroot slices (1/2 inch each)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 2 medium nectarines, cubed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-1/2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, wine, lime, honey, ginger and lime zest. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove and discard lime and gingerroot. Cool syrup completely.
- In a large bowl, combine apples and nectarines. Add lime juice; toss gently to coat. Stir in the grapes, honeydew and cantaloupe. Drizzle with syrup and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 94 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Fruity Sangria Salad in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.