Who doesn't love to start the day with monkey bread? This skillet version is packed with bright berries and dolloped with irresistibly rich cream cheese. A sprinkle of fresh basil brings it all together. —Darla Andrews, Schertz, Texas
Recommended: 23 Recipes Made in a Bundt Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky honey butter biscuits
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate dough into eight biscuits; cut biscuits into fourths.
- In a shallow bowl, combine sugars. Dip biscuits in melted butter, then in sugar mixture. Place biscuits in a greased 10-1/4-in. cast-iron skillet. Top with fresh berries; dollop with cream cheese. Bake until biscuits are golden brown and cooked through, 35-40 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Pull-Apart Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2018