Fruity Puff Pastries
Caramelized pears with raspberries in puff pastry shells make a special dessert any night of the week. Do not freeze.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen puff pastry shells
- 6 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute the pears in butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for 5 minutes or until pears are tender. Add the cream. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Gently stir in the raspberries. Remove top of pastry shells; fill with fruit mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 475 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 8g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Puff Pastry with Raspberries and Pears in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005