Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas Recipe
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana, sliced
- 1. In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 324 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas
"Very good and easy lunch!"
"Peanut butter and banana is already a winning combination and the addition of the crunchy apples makes this extra special. These are fabulous and a definite kid-pleaser. I can't wait to make them for my son, who is now 17 years old, but still loves his peanut butter and his bananas."