Pasta salad takes on a whole new taste with fruit, marshmallows and cream. Folks will find it hard to turn down a hearty helping of this old-fashioned salad.
Recommended: 70 Summer Recipes to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 6 to 7 cups cooked cooled spiral pasta
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium apples, diced
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup halved seedless green grapes
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice in a saucepan. Set pineapple aside. To juice, add eggs, lemon juice, sugar, butter and salt; cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, oranges, apples, marshmallows, grapes and pineapple. Fold in dressing. Chill. Garnish with cherries. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Pasta Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p57
Reviews forFruity Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2014