Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon oat bran
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1 medium firm banana, diced
- 1/4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Milk or yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first seven ingredients; divide between two small bowls. Serve with milk or yogurt if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 182 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 15, 2018
Delicious! I enjoyed this oatmeal for an after work snack. I added cashews and macadamias and left out bananas and grapes--just to add more protein. Thank you, Sarah, for sharing this recipe.
Sep 11, 2011
I put pears instead of apples and I didn't use bananas because we didn't have any but it still tasted superb! Very sweet!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.