"I never liked oatmeal until my mom found this wonderful combination of uncooked oats and fresh fruit," shares teenager Sarah Hunt of Everett, Washington. "Now I often make it myself for breakfast or an after-school snack."
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon oat bran
- 1/3 cup chopped tart apple
- 1 medium firm banana, diced
- 1/4 cup halved seedless grapes
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Milk or yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the first seven ingredients; divide between two small bowls. Serve with milk or yogurt if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Oatmeal in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p40
Reviews forFruity Oatmeal
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2011
"I put pears instead of apples and I didn't use bananas because we didn't have any but it still tasted superb! Very sweet!"