Fruity Milk Shakes
Shake up your breakfast - and surprise the family - by pouring tall glasses of this tasty blend instead of plain fruit juice or milk. I started planning theme breakfasts years ago when conflicting schedules made it difficult for us to have dinner together as a family. -Renae Moncur, Burley, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 to 3 teaspoons honey
- 12 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and blend until well mixed. Add honey and ice; cover and process on high until the ice is crushed and mixture is foamy. Pour into glasses.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 216 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Milk Shakes in Taste of Home December/January 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.