Fruity Hazelnut Trifle
"Here's a fast and festive treat to present during the holiday season," pens Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. "With a little help from canned pie filling, cranberry sauce and a frozen pound cake, it couldn't be easier."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated hazelnut nondairy creamer
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, creamer and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In another bowl, combine pie filling and cranberry sauce.
- Place a third of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. trifle bowl; layer with a fourth of the cranberry mixture and a third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cranberry mixture. Garnish with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 247 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Hazelnut Trifle in Quick Cooking November/December 2004