Fruity Ham Sandwiches
Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City gives ordinary ham salad a lift with fruit flavors and cinnamon bread. "It makes a great lunch, paired with fries or chips," says Phyllis.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup cubed deli ham
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, toasted
- 4 thin apple slices
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. On two slices of toast, layer the ham mixture, apple and cheese. Top with remaining slices of toast.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 431 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1087mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 6g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Fruit Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Spring 2009