Fruity Halibut Steaks Recipe
My family loves this dish so much I think they’d eat it every day! I like it because it’s wholesome, low in calories and delicious. I refrigerate the salsa about four hours ahead of time so the flavors can blend.—Patricia Nieh, Portola Vally, California
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; chill until serving.
- 2. Brush halibut with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
1 halibut steak with 1/2 cup salsa: 332 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Reviews for Fruity Halibut Steaks
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC