Fruity Green Salad
My family enjoys this fast and refreshing salad. It's jazzed up with a beautiful blend of red apple, pear, dried cranberries, toasted pecans and Swiss cheese. No matter when I serve it, the light dressing and fruity flavor remind me of springtime. -Helen Petisi, Palm Coast, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium pear, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 193 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Fruity Green Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.