Fruity Green Salad with Honey Dressing
I'm a beekeeper and always looking for new ways to use honey. I've found that when I put honey in dressing, I don't need to add oil, which cuts down on the fat. This salad goes well with any entree. —Hope Ralph of Woburn, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens or 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, toss the greens, pears and cherries. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 134 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Fruity Green Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.